WHY DO YOU NEED A TOXICOLOGY REPORT?
As part of the due diligence process purchasers will be to get a Toxicology report.
With the prevalence of prohibited substances production and use in New Zealand, we suggest our clients take a cautious approach, especially if the property has previously been used as a rental. This is because often prohibited substances will rent properties on a short term basis, moving regularly, to avoid detection by the landlord and/or police.
WHO NEEDS A TOXICOLOGY REPORT?
Jim’s Building Inspections provides on-site, independent inspection and testing services in Auckland, Christchurch and surrounding areas of New Zealand for:
- Homeowners (Own house and investment property)
- Landlords – you want peace of mind there is no health risk for you, your tenants and their family.
- Real estate agents
- Commercial property owners
- Property Investors
- Local government
- Anyone who wants to be completely certain that their property has not been used for prohibited substances abuse.
Toxicology Reports by a professional Jim’s Building Inspector is really the only way to be completely sure that a hidden prohibited substances contamination problem isn’t lurking in your home. Jim’s Building Inspections is currently servicing Christchurch, Auckland and surrounding areas of New Zealand.
Contact Jim’s Building Inspections on 0800 454 654 or click here to arrange a FREE quote which includes the initial site inspection.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF PROHIBITED SUBSTANCES CONTAMINATION?
Some common warning signs that your property may have been used as a lab include:
- Discoloration of structures, soil and pavement
- Strong odours (acrid, sour, solvents, ammonia)
- Burns, unusual stains, yellowed walls and rust in strange places such as on window fittings or door handles
- General unwellness in the household – particularly children, the elderly and those with compromised immune systems. Symptoms include respiratory distress, skin irritation, fatigue, headaches and dizziness, nose and throat irritation.
WHAT DO TOXICOLOGY REPORTS INVOLVE?
Jim’s Building Inspections New Zealand will inspect and remove samples – in the form of swab testing – from the contaminated property in accordance with NZS8510:2017 National Testing Standard.
The test can single out contaminated areas and pinpoint any furnishings or materials too contaminated to be cleaned. This is a non-invasive process and swab samples are sent to an IANZ accredited laboratory. After laboratory analysis, the results are generally available within 48 hours of receipt of the samples for testing.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL YOU RECEIVE?
Following the results, a Jim’s Building Inspector will issue you a simple, jargon-free report of the inspection and the opportunity to discuss findings over the phone. You are more than welcome to be present at the inspections as well if you would like.
The building inspection report will include the results of the prohibited substances sampling together with detailed photos of the contaminated areas.
Jim’s Building Inspectors are qualified building professionals and will offer sound advice on the best way to navigate through the remediation of your property. We can recommend removalists, if this work is required.
Local knowledge and experience mean Jim’s Building Inspections is a name you can trust with all of your property inspections and toxicology reports needs.