What is a Builders Report or builder inspection?
Every property you are planning to buy should be paired with a Builders Report or Builders Inspection Report. The report will outline and cover the current state of the property. The report covers minor defects, significant defects, safety hazards and has detailed pictures of the houses or buildings. It covers but is not limited to weather tightness, insulation and ventilation.
Property Report Examples:
- Adequate ventilation in internal wet areas creates an environment that is conducive to the formation and development of mould. Remedy and recommendation are to install an exhaust fan to mitigate the increased buildup.
- The door stop is missing or is inadequate to stop the door handle from damaging the wall. Even the small problems are picked up in the evaluation which can compromise the quality of the dwelling.
With different ages of homes in New Zealand, there are many different problem areas. Property reports are a measure that can protect your market value and investment.
Our consultant’s service all of Christchurch
Our inspectors are known for their expertise, experience and exceptional customer service. We hold comprehensive public liability insurance and a strict pre-selection process ensures all our inspectors are qualified, highly skilled and licensed.
Established in 2011 Jim’s Building Inspections NZ has changed the way inspection reports are conducted and shared throughout New Zealand. Our Build Inspect App means that customers can get reports in 24 hours of the inspection and in a format that is easy to understand.
Our Christchurch building Inspection team are professional, experienced and have extensive local knowledge and information of the Canterbury area. Wherever you are in Christchurch, we are your local professionals. Tony is a licensed building practitioner and is BCITO qualified, Don has over 35 years in the building industry and Henry has an extensive range of skills including plumbing and worked as a drain layer, so you are in safe hands with our team.
Simply call us, request a free online quote and we will get back in contact to answer any questions you may have.
Meet our local Building Inspectors- Tony Greig, Don Part & Henry October
Frequently Asked Questions
The Jim’s Building Inspections team services from North Canterbury, including Rangiora, Oxford, Culverden, Cheviot, Hanmer Springs, Selwyn Central, Rolleston, Darfield, West Melton, Lyttleton right through to Ashburton.
We are able to assist you with an extensive range of inspection services and checks including Asbestos and Meth testing as well as pre-purchase house inspection and Property Inspection.
Jim’s Inspectors are:
- Reliable – All Jim’s Inspectors are vetted, checked and hold comprehensive indemnity and public liability insurance giving you peace of mind you’re in safe hands.
- Timely – You will receive your building inspection or property report in a timely manner – leaving you with time to make the right decision about the property you are interested in. We know the importance and scope of these decisions, Our inspection reports are completed on iPads and generally emailed to customers within 24 hours of completion.
- Jargon Free specialists – Not everyone is a construction expert or builder and we recognise the need for easy to understand and actionable reports.
- Experienced and local – Our Inspectors work in areas close to home, so they have local knowledge and the first-hand experience in the area, understand the environmental conditions and can give you the best possible advice.
- Friendly – Our people are genuine, approachable and really enjoy talking with our clients, whether it’s about current maintenance issues or where you like to go on holiday, like anyone, we like a good yarn.
Find out more about Jim’s Group company and the guarantee you can expect from our franchisees.
When purchasing a property it is essential that you are aware of its condition and history. Our Property Inspections can provide you with an independent and professional building inspection report which will be fundamental in helping you make the right decisions for you and your family.
Property Inspection reports can assist with insurance claims, earthquake damage, dispute resolution, legal compliance and regulations that aid to inform around extension and renovation decisions.
Our range of services include but are not limited to:
- Building inspections and Property reports
- Handover Inspections
- Pre Sale & Pre Purchase Inspections
- New home and house inspections
- Methamphetamine testing & Inspections
- Asbestos testing
We offer comprehensive and tailored packages depending on your requirements and the initial quote and assessment are free of charge.